January 30, 2011

Cards for Chalie Knuth

Angela from Cricut Crafts by Angela posed the following on her blog:

Hi Craft Friends,
I was wondering if any of you would be interested in sending cards to 4 year old Charlie. 

He is battling a rare skin condition called epidermolysis bullosa commonly known as EB, which causes his skin to blister.

Here is a link to his CaringBridge page.  I hope that you will take some time out of your day to read his story.  It's very touching and he is a fighter and will touch your heart. 

To send cards please send it to:

Ronald McDonald House
Attn:  Knuth Family
621 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN  55414

If you can't send a card to Charlie, then would you just take a little time out of your day to pray for him & his family.  They need all the support they can get right now. 
If you need anymore information please contact me!  Thank you all so much! 
___________________________________

I checked Charlie's Caring Bridge post today, and his mother writes, "I showed him all the beautiful hand-made cards that are being sent to him from all over the United States."  Charlie is from WI where I also live, and we have been following his story on the news.  I could not resist the opportunity to make him a card to brighten his day.  Please consider making a card for Charlie and posting his story on your blog.  I mailed this card:


I used the sketch from Jitterbuggin Challenge (yellow, stripes, and a Cricut shape) and used pop dots (Card Cupids) to raise the monkey from Create a Critter.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love that monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I bet Charlie will love it. It is so nice when the hobby we love can touch someones life. Thanks for sharing Your card and Charlies story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card.....and thanks for the info on sending a card to Charlie.

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. You inspired me to make a card for Charlie and his family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I am sure he will love it. Thanks for joining the Card Cupids challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete